- Sleep 6 (1 double and 2 twin beds)
- Free WiFi
- Bathroom with shower plus a separate WC
- Bedding and towels provided
- Microwave and Dishwasher
- TV + DVD
- Children welcome, cot and highchairs available
- Enclosed childrens play area
- Viewing deck and BBQ area
- Welcome Basket
- Open all year
- Mid week bookings accepted off season
- All cottages non smoking.
- Sorry, no pets.
Once your booking has been confirmed you can pay instantly and securely online using paypal.
Accessibility at Ballure Holiday Homes.
- Ballure Holiday Homes are situated in Maughold, a 20 minute walk or a 5-minute drive from Ramsey.
- BHH is at the top of a wide, steep concrete drive.
- We have 5 cottages, each made up of one double room and two twin rooms. All our cottages are bungalows and there are two steps to get up in the front door.
- Two of our cottages have ramps up into the back door.
- All guests should meet Kezia at her house on site, it has some steps at the entrance but then is also a bungalow. She will then show you up to your cottage.
- We recommend hiring a car or brining your own.
- The nearest bus stop is on the main road at the bottom of BHH about 500m down a steep drive.
- Accessibility taxis are available - please contact 01624 817788.
- The surrounding areas of the hotel are all concreted or grass, there are some steep areas but all is well maintained..
- We can give details about local services for disabled people, including any equipment hire, Shopmobility and RADAR toilets.
- We can offer menus, brochures, and tariffs all in large-print form if requested.
Arrival & car parking facilities
- Parking is available on site for up to 6 cars, 3 right alongside the cottages and the other 4 are withing 50m walking distance of the cottages.
- The car park is level with concrete surface, there is a ramp down from the far carpark..
- There is a well-lit entrance to each cottage with level drop-off point directly outside.
- Luggage assistance is available on arrival and departure.
- There are 2 steps up into the front door of the cottages.
- Two out of our five cottages have ramps into the back entrance, if required please ask on confirmation of booking.
- All our bedrooms are ground floor accessible.
- Door opening width is the standard but not wide enough for wheel chair use. The bed height is 65cm.
- All bedrooms are well lit with a mixture of hanging ceiling lights, fixed wall lights and bed-side lamps, with additional lighting available upon request.
- Most rooms have light walls with slightly darker carpets and have white trims of doors and skirting.
- All rooms have either wardrobes, with a selection of hangers.
- There are no telephones in the bedrooms.
- All bathrooms have level access from the bedrooms
- Standard opening in doorway
- Shower is fixed above bath, step over bath side to enter.
- W/C at a height of 43cm, washbasin at a height of 82cm with no pedestal. Tap fittings are turning separate taps.
- Well lit bathrooms with Main fluorescent bulb and some shaver lights.
- Mostly white bathrooms with white doorways and white towels with non-slip flooring throughout.
Public areas (halls, lounge/diner and kitchen)
- Corridors are mostly 95cm wide (with some exceptions). All with carpeted flooring and well lit with both ceiling spot lights and wall lights.¬†
- Large area between movable furniture giving easy access, with both low armchairs and tables and high back chairs with high tables.
- Carpeted, hanging lights and wall lights giving good lighting throughout.
- We have dark wood table and chairs and Lightly coloured crockery.
Grounds & Gardens¬†
- BBQ area is grass with a fixed picnic table and chairs
- Viewing deck is wooden decking with small ridges. Accessed off concrete drive
- Benches and seating at regular intervals.
- Play Park at bottom of steep concrete drive, sand flooring with railway sleepers as stepping stones. Decking with seating in playground.
- If you require any assistance during your stay please contact Kezia Craine.
- All low-energy lighting is being used at Ballure Holiday Homes.
- Signage is all blue background with large white font.
- Wi-fi available in all cottages.
- There is good network coverage for some mobile phones, although some mobiles will need to be turned off and on to connect to the Manx network..
- A list of carers in the local area is available upon request.
Address: Ballure Holiday Homes, Maughold, Isle of Man, IM7 1AD.
Telephone: 01624 819199 or 07624 220140
Hours of Operation
Kezia Craine; General Manager 8am-8pm